Wednesday, August 09, 2006

....The ranting of a mad man...

Damn, another day is sucked away to that, well, wherever the days go. I read the paper and fish through the pages for things of substance (putting tons of emphasis on FISH due to news being suspect nowadays), and I feel like I'm reading the same thing I read last week. "Fighting in the middle east...", "N. Korea launches test missiles to...", "Peace talk with..." blah, Blah,BLah,BLAh, BLAH....

Although reading monotonously, sifting through the what is and what isn't, a thought raced through my mind... Here I am thinking "glad I'm not over there" when I think who is watching over here? Thousands of troops, weapons and other defenses have been deployed and being deployed daily. All the man power that this country can muster is constantly being sent away to foreign land. Meanwhile, politicians tend to the wreckage that has been laid at their feet by the commander and chief and work on different ways to seem the lesser of two evils.

There have been some that have thought about our own country's men and women and see the need to worry about ourselves, but it doesn't seem enough. What seemed so simple then has turned into a monster, showing its ugly head to all- affecting different prices, households, etc- and leaving people with an eclectic mix of feelings. Some feel that the country they are so patriotic for doesn't represent them.

Open your eyes my people...

Our own countries problems-- welfare, healthcare, poverty, social security, etc.- have been moved to rear to give way to international causes, warfare, bloodshed, and imposing democracy on every country we take over...Oops, I mean, "help rescue". This is a beautiful country, responsible for making dreams come true not only for its inhabitants, but to those who seek freedom and are willing to work and sacrifice for that dream.

But is it just that, a mere dream?? Lulled to sleep by the gimmicks and promises, and rudely awakened by the harsh realities of the classist society in which we ALL participate?

We are all guilty to some degree, and I wouldn't dare cast the first stone upon those who wear their blood, sweat and tear soaked clothing everyday to receive what they deserve.

It's the selfishness by those who have so damn much I just don't understand...

No comments: